Happy New Year! The start of the New Year is a great time to reflect on where you have been and where you would like to go. What themes do you want to resonate throughout 2014 in your professional or personal life? What concepts will keep you centered and focused? Take a few minutes to think about your personal mantra. Post it on your mirror, in your wallet or in the car.
Below are 12 different mantras that I am focusing on this year. I have programmed one per month into my Outlook calendar. On the first of each month, I will receive a reminder of that month’s mantra.
Use all of these, pick one or develop one of your own. There are no rules here. Pick something that means something to you and will inspire you to be true to yourself this year.
1. I recognize that the past does not have to define my future.
2. Have the courage to start.
3. The definition of insanity is doing the same things and expecting different results. – Albert Einstein
4. I am not who I’m going to be. I am always becoming.
5. I am enough.
6. Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. – Albert Schweitzer
7. I choose to let others opinions of me be their burden.
8. I give myself permission to both fail and succeed.
9. I have the ability to see the brighter side.
10. Be the change you wish to see in this world. – Mahatma Gandhi
11. No more martyrs. Act on what I can do rather than how I’ve been wronged or burdened.
12. Courage is not always loud. Sometimes it is a quiet voice saying “I will try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher