1. Drink ware: Though I’ve always been a collector of coffee cups, my stockpile has exploded in the past few years in both numbers and variety. In addition to traditional mugs, it now includes insulated and fruit-infusing water bottles, reusable tumblers and whimsical cocktail glasses.
2. Notebooks and writing instruments: These two go hand-in-hand, and I never have enough of either. Bonus points if the product serves more than one purpose. For example, a pen that’s also a stylus or a notebook with a built-in calendar.
3. Beach towels: Great for picnics, the pool and even to use around the house.
4. Things that are just plain cute or clever: Like Phil the piggy bank or Pete the business man (both pictured here). Provided they don’t take up too much space, products like this seem to make people smile.
5. Food: Especially at an event or tradeshow where you’re running around and might have forget to pack a snack. If you give me an energy bar or a piece of chocolate in such a situation, I will remember you forever.
For feedback from a much wider study group on the products they like, check out the latest ASI Impressions Study.