Corporate social responsibility is all the rage – even when it comes to branded merchandise. After all, environmentally conscious and eco-friendly promotional products are a great way to convey specific brand messages and enhance logo visibility while simultaneously showcasing the company’s care and concern for planet Earth.
Recycled, Reclaimed, Renewed Items
Eco-friendly promotional products come in many forms, and can include those manufactured from materials that have been recycled or reclaimed, created without the use of natural resources, or harvested from sustainable areas. Eco-friendly logoed items also include those that foster the user’s ability to conserve natural resources and reduce their own environmental footprint.
Here are some great ideas on how to incorporate a social and environmentally conscious approach into promotional marketing efforts while staying on budget:
• Recycled totes, bags, and backpacks: These carry-alls are effective for exposing a company logo and/or message to a wide audience while giving the recipient a practical way to go green. The bags, totes, and backpacks can be continually reused during shopping excursions, reducing the need to use plastic and paper retail bags.
• Sports and entertainment products: Marketers are often amazed with the wide range of eco-friendly sports and entertainment promotional items now available, such as golf balls and poker chips made from recycled materials and apparel and accessories made from fast-growing renewable bamboo. Additionally, branded water bottles can go a long way to keep plastic out of our landfills.
• Office supplies: Much is possible when it comes to recycled or eco-conscious logoed gear for the workplace. Eco-friendly promotional office supplies now include everything from pens and pencils, to mouse pads, presentation folders, calculators, paper products, calendars, and corporate clothing. Green technology and electronics also abound for yet more socially-smart branded merchandise options.
• Pamper products: Although many promotional products are made to benefit the recipient in some way, there is an entire category of Earth-friendly promotional items dedicated to making the client “feel” good – physically or emotionally. Imagine a client’s delight as he or she dons a plush bamboo robe or an organic cotton shirt brandishing your logo. Scented soaps, sachets, lotions and a bevy of corporate-branded beauty products abound.
Here are some important green reminders about what is possible for companies when it comes to green promotional products:
• Going eco-friendly with promotional strategies is a cost-effective way to enhance brand image with target audiences relative to the company’s value system.
• Just about every type of promotional item is now available in a green-inspired option including those that contain recycled or manufactured materials that help conserve the planet’s diminishing natural resources.
• Green promotional items are a great way to help customers be environmentally conscious by supplying them with solutions that reduce waste or use of non-eco-friendly materials or products.