Getting your name out there and in front of customers is crucial to the success of your business. It doesn’t matter if you have a small start-up or a large corporation – the need is there to increase your brand recognition.
Luckily, tradeshows provide a great opportunity for companies to showcase their capabilities and really shine. While the biggest reason for attending a tradeshow is to promote your business, you can break it down to the nitty-gritty to see why setting up a booth works to your advantage:
• You expose yourself to a new audience. Your other marketing efforts – direct mail campaigns, newspaper/TV advertisements, social media – may have done a great job reinforcing your business name with people who are local, familiar with your business or are already your customers. You might have even drummed up some new interest, too. But tradeshows allow you to present your products to people who are traveling from all over. ExpoRep’s Kendall Reed’s point is true: the main reason people go to tradeshows is to learn about the latest and greatest solutions (http://www.map-dynamics.com/blog/209/faqs.php). By attending one, you put yourself in the position to make your name and your top-notch services known globally.
• You can demonstrate exactly what your business has to offer with giveaways. Reed also emphasized that tradeshow attendees are always looking to grab some cool giveaways, and your booth shouldn’t disappoint. If you give away an item you sell, or even something that represents your business, you’re making yourself much more memorable. A Facebook Page can depict and describe what you do, but a physical object can be carried around 24/7. Plus, you don’t have to spend money on postage – you just hand it out!
• You are able to have face-to-face discussions. Rather than having a phone conversation or an email exchange, tradeshows give you the opportunity to meet face-to-face with prospects. As Reed said, nothing gets lost in translation and you can lessen the chances of a miscommunication. Also, don’t underestimate the power of non-verbals – a prospect who sees first-hand how excited you are about your brand won’t easily forget your chat. And, instead of traveling to just one prospect, you get the chance to potentially interact with hundreds.
• You move from being a small fish in a big pond, to being a great catch. If you look in your local newspaper, there are hundreds of ads every day featuring businesses that all do or sell the same thing. Even Facebook Pages can be indistinguishable. Tradeshows allow you to release your ‘wow’ factor and get your name out there, said Reed. You can decorate your booth any way you want, provide a desirable giveaway and attract attention to your brand. Instead of being a business that fades into the newspaper print, you can be the business that really pops out at tradeshows.
• You find out what other vendors are offering. As trade-show-advisor.com pointed out, tradeshows don’t only benefit attendees; they can benefit exhibitors as well (http://www.trade-show-advisor.com/attending-a-trade-show.html). You can learn about the latest industry trends, establish great connections and uncover ways you can make your business even better. There are few times when you can gather industry experts all in one place, so take advantage of the opportunity while you have it.
Earn the recognition your business deserves – attend a tradeshow! Create that eye-catching booth, find that awesome giveaway and be an exhibitor who is a step above the rest. In the end, the benefits of attending a tradeshow will outweigh the cost.