The sun is shining, the skies are blue and suddenly, in a blink of an eye, leaves are falling, the wind is blowing and summer is over. In your personal and professional life, it is imperative to take a breather and soak up some Vitamin D. Here are the top five things you should try and accomplish during those summer fun months.
1. Vacation – Whether it is a visit to the pool for a day or a week at the beach, take a vacation! Take the time to relax and decompress. Your time away from work is valuable. So make the most of it and enjoy your days off with family and friends.
2. Sponsorship – Give back to your community in some way this summer. Whether you help coach your child’s soccer team or ask your company to sponsor the local food fest, supporting your local community will be good for the soul and your city.
3. Company Picnic – Hire a caterer, have a potluck, or just encourage your employees or fellow co-workers to step outside on their lunch break and relax. This will promote fellowship among employees and hopefully refresh everyone for the rest of the afternoon.
4. Visit a Festival – In every town, every city, you will find a Rib Burn-Off, Watermelon Festival, or State Fair happening throughout the summer months. These nostalgic events are the perfect setting to have some fun and enjoy your favorite fair food. Your inner-child will thank you for the great day.
5. Prepare – For most businesses, September through December is a hectic time. Be sure to not only keep up with your daily workload during the summer, but try to prepare yourself for any big projects you may have coming up in the fall. Project timelines, pre-project team meetings and preliminary research will have you prepared and confident when the busy season arrives.
“Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” ― Henry James