Golf is a quintessential way to establish and solidify business relationships, and this strategy-laden sport offers compelling marketing opportunities and there is even a National Golf Day to celebrate the nearly $70 billion industry according to WEAREGOLF. This year leading associations and industry partners will recognize National Golf Day on Wednesday, April 25 with a community service initiative in Washington D.C. on the National Mall. Industry leaders will participate in the beautification and preservation alongside the National Park Service. Now that you know golf is a significant economic catalyst, you can take steps to use outings to further integrate your brand with golf giveaways to ensure the golf outing is a hole in one.
Genius Golf Giveaways
- Apparel: Because golf has its own set of required apparel, clothing and accessories prominently displaying your company’s logo is a given. From golf shirts, to hats and visors, to shoes, gloves and ponchos, fashion is a fitting way to make your logo visible on the links.
- Balls and bags: One can never have enough balls when playing golf. Even if a client loses a ball, this may be an opportunity where another potential client discovers it…and your company! Golf bags are also a great billboard that are widely visible on the course for hours on end, as well as perched in front of the nineteenth hole – a.k.a. the club house!
- Clubs and head covers: Golf clubs are a significant investment, so why not treat those top clients or prospects to a key club like a driver or putter, a full set of clubs, or even just head covers brandishing your business identity? They will know with certainty how important their business is to you, and how appreciative you are in return.
- Gear and gadgets: From divots, towels, and tees to umbrellas, putting kits and golf tools, there is a spectacular selection of practical and affordable branded golf gear that golfers of all levels need and desire.
When to Use Branded Golf Giveaways
Gifting logoed golf gear doesn’t have to just be part of a corporate golf tournament. Consider these other opportune moments to spread the golf-related cheer:
- Holiday season: December holidays are a perfect time to give branded golf gear to clients as a thank you for their business throughout the year.
- Client birthdays: If you have specific clients who love golf, send them a special customized gift that shows you have taken the time to get to know their interests…and their special day.
- Auctions and fundraisers: Entering promotional golf merchandise in charitable auctions and fundraisers gets your brand message out there while showing you care about social issues at large.
- Social media marketing: Providing incentives in the form of logoed golf gear as part of a social networking contest or survey entices your followers to participate. In exchange for giving high-demand golf items, you get some great intelligence and feedback.
Takeaways on Golf Giveaways
You’ll drive business right down the line when utilizing branded golf giveaways:
- There is a wide range of golf merchandise available for branding opportunities to suit any kind of budget, campaign, or giveaway situation.
- Use the golf giveaways to send brand messages about social responsibility, personalized service, and interest in customer feedback.
- Leverage multiple channels for your company-branded golf gear giveaway.
Now is a good time to start rethinking about positioning your brand on the golf course this summer by tapping into one of the many products available to make you visible to both your customers and prospects as they team up to enjoy the great outdoors.