The holidays are nearly over, the celebrations have died down and a whole year of possibilities is ahead of us. For your 2013 professional goals, you may want to either establish new contacts or maintain current ones, all while growing your business. But, do you have a plan in place to really meet these goals? Do you have a strategy for how you are going to leave a memorable impression with each prospect or client?
Some of the easiest ways to be remembered and get your foot in the door is through promotional product leave-behinds. Whether it is a bag or hat, a writing instrument or a calendar, products branded with your logo get people’s attention. The Advertising Specialty Institute’s 2012 Impressions Study found out the following important tidbits about promotional products, otherwise known as ad specialty items:
– In the United States alone, respondents participating in ASI’s study each owned an average of 10 logoed promotional products.
– On average, respondents keep promotional products for 5.8 months.
– Eight out of 10 people polled said an item’s usefulness is the main reason they hold on to it.
– Even after they are done using an item, 66% of respondents in the United States said they don’t throw it out; they give it to someone else to use.
– Nearly nine out of 10 of respondents who have logoed promotional items can identify the advertiser on the items.
– Almost 31% of respondents said they were more likely to do business with an advertiser they hadn’t previously done business with after receiving a branded item from them.
With the statistics to prove their value, now is the time for you to select promotional products that can help spread your brand and generate interest in your business. Consider these options to feature your logo:
– Retractable Banner Pens. Not only do Retractable Banner Pens have a useful purpose, they also give you the opportunity to include a ‘mini-brochure’ about your business! The banner portion of the pen pulls out, providing ample space to review not only your contact information, but also your company’s capabilities and credibility. Maximize the space given by using both sides of the pull-out banner.
– Chocolate Feet. Although a chocolate foot may not last a long time in someone’s hands, it’s a memorable piece that will not be forgotten. Drop it off with an accompanying greeting card to express your interest in scheduling a meeting and to help you truly get your ‘foot in the door.’
– Wall Calendars. With the New Year upon us, now is the perfect time to distribute wall calendars prominently featuring your company’s logo. To really stand out and capture your contacts’ attentions, design your own calendar with a theme that complements your brand.
– Custom-Shaped USB Drives. The ability to easily save documents and files on USB Drives is important to any business. Demonstrate you care – and have fun choosing a custom-made USB Drive that serves as a symbol of your business.
– Compressed T-Shirts. Instead of just leaving behind a neatly folded t-shirt, go for a compressed t-shirt! Have the shirt branded with the design you create, and then have it compressed into the shape of your choice and shrink-wrapped to stay put. You can even include an insert card that provides even more information about your business and product line.
The options are endless when it comes to promotional product leave-behinds. Use your creativity to get your foot in the door, and start growing your business!