Participating in a run can be an exciting and enduring activity. Participants train and volunteers work hard to keep everyone encouraged, and be responsive to the needs of the participants. The dedication to training and running is always encouraging and motivating to others.
After months of training, runners take pride in completing races and marathons and love to show off their participation with branded products they received. For those who plan the races, or are on the volunteer committee, there is the challenge of planning and filling the race swag bag, however a branded logo prominently displayed on items will increase future engagement.
Some of the top five items to consider for the swag bag include:
- T-shirts, Race T’s or Tanks – Using a name brand shirt will ensure they are worn frequently, increasing the visibility of your cause as well as bringing more ROI to sponsors.
- Lip Balm – Hands down a favorite promo item. Bees wax or all natural lip balm is economical, light weight and offers a great imprint area on the label. Available in a wide variety of flavors (or even custom flavors), custom lip balm is perfect for sponsors to add to race swag bags.
- First Aid Kits – Kits that contain items the runners may have left behind or might need such as Band-Aids, sunblock and muscle gel are handy and very much appreciated. Don’t forget to arm volunteers along the course with a few kits for runners in need.
- Cooling Headbands – These are a must have for warm weather races. They not only wick moisture and offer sun protection, but they can be wet before the race starts to help keep runners cool longer.
- Runner or Fitness Belts – A sleek alternative to the fanny pack they allow runners to keep keys, cell phone and other necessities comfortably with them during the race as well as when they are training.
There are plenty of choices to create a bag of goodies worthy of giving to participants, and the opportunities are endless when it comes to items that brand your event. Just remember to keep your logo prominent for others to see.