Remember the days when you had to read a certain number of books over summer vacation and be ready to review them at length the first few weeks of school? I didn’t always appreciate it at the time, but the annual Summer Reading List introduced me to many stories I still consider favorites today.
I stumbled across some of them last weekend while unpacking boxes and came to a decision. For the first time in a long time, I’m making a list of books to read – or re-read – before September:
· The Human Side of Enterprise, Douglas McGregor
· How to Close a Deal Like Warren Buffet, Tom Searcy and Henry DeVries
· To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
· A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Betty Smith
· Of Mice and Men, John Steinbeck
· The Good Earth, Pearl S. Buck
· Anything by David Sedaris – to bring some levity to life
The last five I’ve read before, but I’m interested to see how different they might feel now that I’m quite a bit older – and hopefully a little wiser!
So what’s on your Summer Reading List?